Huia is Lower Hutt's one-stop-shop aquatic facility. We cater for everyone, from lane swimming, aquajogging and families having a splash, to a learn to swim programme from infants to adults. Our staff are always on-hand to answer your questions and ensure pool safety.
our pool facilities include
- 25m Main pool with a movable floor and ladder access. This pool caters for lane swimming, aquatic sport, aquajogging and recreational use.
- Kids pool heated to 31°C with ramp access. This pool caters for recreational swimming by children under 10 years old.
- 25m dedicated Learn to Swim pool. This purpose-built pool is the venue for Huia’s highly successful Swim City lessons. Housed in its own building, it offers an ideal environment to teach young ones, as well as provide lessons to older groups.
- 25m Hydrotherapy pool designed for people with disabilities, those rehabilitating from injuries, and those with less mobility who will benefit from low-impact exercises such as water walking and slow-lane swimming. Heated to a comfortable 33°C, there’s also a therapy bench with jets aimed at the lower and upper back. A 15m ramp makes access easy, and for those who need it, there’s a full hoist.
- Private and poolside spas.
- Shower and changing room available for families and people with disabilities.
- Playzone - Playzone runs 12.00-3.30pm, Monday to Friday in the school holidays, and on weekends during term time. Playzone includes the inflatable (main pool) and the flying fox (kids pool). Cost is normal pool entry.